Monday, October 6, 2008

As australian as crocodile dundee

I am always intrigued by the Australian of the year awards. Paul Hogan once won, as in Crocodile Dundee, in 1985, for "his work in promoting Australia worldwide".

Now after all the surgery and terrible movies (I wish I had 4 hands, so I could give his movies 4 thumbs down), times have changed. In Australian media, he was reported as a tax evader, apparently refusing to pay over 300 million dollars worth of tax. That means he must have made at least over $600 million. That figure doesnt seem correct? That's bloody rich (if true, it seems a bit greedy to not pay tax on that amount). In a recent interview when asked if the Australian Taxation Office would file an arrest for him, in true Australian spirit he replied, "Come and get me, you bastards."

No comments: